Medicare Sign Up 2018
The window is now open: 15 Oct – 7 Dec 17. For all Medicare eligible patients, the new enrollment period is here. What does that mean? Time to perform a checkup on your plan and see if you want to change or continue with your current plan (knowing that included coverage benefits are OFTEN altered from year to year).
Basic Terminology: Great Primer on (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/10/if-you-miss-this-medicare-deadline-it-could-hurt-your-health.html)
- Medicare A: Hospital service coverage
- Medicare B: Medical service and supplies coverage (outpatient care, doctor visits)
- Medicare C: (Advantage Plans): Offered by an insurance company, combines A+B and usually covers D
- Medicare D: Prescription drug coverage (optional), Must purchase separately if use A+B
- Medigap Supplemental: Optional gap policy to cover items not included in A+B
What plans are available in Idaho?
Medicare offers a listing @ https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/decide-how-to-get-medicare/your-medicare-coverage-choices.html
US News and World Report lists local Treasure Valley plans by highest to lowest rated @ https://health.usnews.com/medicare/search?county=16001&type=cd&zip=83646&sort=rating
Free help is available from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare SHIBA division @ http://www.doi.idaho.gov/shiba/default.aspx or call them at 1-800-247-4422.
A detailed guide from Idaho is here: https://apps.doi.idaho.gov/DisplayPDF?Cat=Shiba&ID=2017%20Shoppers%20Guide&Type=pdf