Medicare Sign Up Window
The window is available each year: 15 Oct – 7 Dec. For all Medicare eligible patients, please examine your plan during the enrollment period; perform a checkup & see if you want to change or continue with your current plan. Why is this important? Coverage benefits and premium prices are OFTEN altered from year to year, and while monthly premiums are important, some plans will low ball the premiums to lure you in yet stick you with higher overall costs on copays and deductibles.
Basic Terminology: Great Primer on (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/10/if-you-miss-this-medicare-deadline-it-could-hurt-your-health.html)
- Medicare A: Hospital service coverage
- Medicare B: Medical service and supplies coverage (outpatient care, doctor visits)
- Medicare C: (Advantage Plans): Offered by an insurance company, combines A+B and usually covers D
- Medicare D: Prescription drug coverage (optional), Must purchase separately if use A+B
- Medigap Supplemental: Optional gap policy to cover items not included
What plans are available in Idaho?
Medicare offers a listing @ https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/decide-how-to-get-medicare/your-medicare-coverage-choices.html
US News and World Report lists local Treasure Valley plans by highest to lowest rated @ https://health.usnews.com/medicare/search?county=16001&type=cd&zip=83646&sort=rating
Free help is available from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare SHIBA division @ http://www.doi.idaho.gov/shiba/default.aspx or call them at 1-800-247-4422.